Feelin' Lucky

DSC_2199
Since I'm overwhelmed with the amount of fun I had and photos I took, I'm skipping ahead to one of my favorite days during New York Fashion Week. Last Friday, I went to Lucky Magazine's headquarters in Times Square to meet with Brandon Holley, the editor-in-chief, along with several Lucky Style Collective bloggers. Brandon led the meeting, asking us questions about what we'd like to see in the magazine. It was pretty amazing to be sitting in that conference room next to Brandon talking about what we like about the magazine, what changes we'd like to see and being able to contribute. I've always wanted to be a journalist--I grew up actually wanting be a news anchor, but life takes you all over and here I am doing other fun things with my life, but still now I'm able to contribute to one of my favorite magazines. It was just so surreal being just a girl from Ravenna, Michigan sitting and listening to Brandon Holley share editorial content and asking for our ideas.
When dressing for the day, I knew I wanted to be comfortable and low key. I paired my favorite print with flared jeans and added a felt hat to hide my hair, which has been a hot mess for about a month straight now. It was the best outfit to walk around in, meet with Brandon Holley, grab brunch and mimosas at the Ugg show room and terrace on 5th avenue and stroll in SOHO to shop!
Obviously, I was beyond thrilled to be there.
DSC_2051
Turns out four of us are actually from Michigan! My Closet in Sketches, Haute Muslimah and Tieka
DSC_2049
DSC_2046
Taylor of Sterling Style, Alicia of Cheetah is the New Black, Jen of Jen Loves Kev, Tieka and Marisa of Style Cusp
DSC_2200
[vintage top, jeans by truck jeans c/o comfort me, boots by c/o lori's shoes, hat by deena and ozzy, bag by marc jacobs]
DSC_2086
DSC_2163
I was in awe of the gigantic terrace at Ugg show room. It was such a great space with so many delicious foods and mimosas! And the views! I just stared the buildings and looked over at central park. I finally met Jenni of I Spy DIY and got to get to know Helena of Brooklyn Blonde. Both are such lovely ladies who I instantly felt like I had been friends with for a long time. Jenni, get to Chicago!!
DSC_2082
Kim, Jenni, Helena and Nikki
DSC_2215
Of course, I gravitated toward the jackets and fur vests! I must have all of them!
DSC_2216
DSC_2214