Come on, get happy!

So, as you know, I've been hinting around moving for a few months now. I can finally announce that we are officially here in our new home in the great music city of Nashville, Tennessee.
I love California and it will always be a part of me. Every member of my family was born and raised in California. None of us have ever lived anywhere else but we'd always wanted to try something new. A job opportunity came up for my husb a few months ago that got us thinking about moving here and although it didn't pan out, the idea stuck. Gabe started a new COMPANY with his long time friend and you should hear the work they are doing. Amazing.

We are living in my absolute dream house. Literally, I had dreams about this kitchen when I was living in a 500 square foot duplex in LA. It's a pretty big change moving from a 1 bedroom loft in downtown LA to a huge (to us) house in East Nashville. I think the things we appreciate most are the little things like pulling into our driveway! We never had parking in LA. There is also less traffic so you get to enjoy more of your life. Crazy concept, eh? Did I mention I get my own office AND huge closet? The little luxuries count most for me!

I am so excited to share my new city with you all and let you see it through my eyes. There's just so many new fun things to explore that I could just burst. I'm obviously going to find everything sweet and pastel in the entire state (actually more like this half of the United States :).

It's my birthday today so it's a pretty emotional and nostalgic time for me. I picked up a few boxes of my old books and school work from my parents house before we left. I'm a sentimental fool so I get so excited to go through stuff I haven't seen in ages. I found a Louisa May Alcott diary I wrote in from age 8-12 and I am happy to report that people just don't change. I'm that same little girl. I wrote about four pages worth of descriptions of all the clothes I had from Limited Too. :) I updated the diary in 2001 and commented that I had no idea what my future held but I knew there were great plans for me. In 2011, I feel even more blessed than ever as we are buying our first home, I do work I absolutely love doing, and I have the closest family anyone could ask for.

I want to thank you guys so much for supporting me and lifting me up every day with your sweet presence. I know I say it all the time but each of you make my life better. I value your "friendship". I know some people might think it's silly to say such a thing but you know what? I AM silly. Very.

Ok, well, I'm off to birthday dinner with my sweet husband and some friends. Have a fabulous evening.

Here's a little peek into our new home. :)



XO Coury