Picker Sisters

Untitled-1



Have y'all been watching Picker Sisters? I first saw the previews for the show while watching an American Pickers marathon and I was a bit dubious about a show trying to be too much like American Pickers but just switching out Frank and Mike with two girls in short-shorts. Theses gals better know what they're doin', I thought. So far I've been pleasantly surprised. Although at times I want to yell at them to just get in there and get their hands dirty, their genuine friendship and love of all things rusty come through in a way that makes them endearing. And instead of just rescuing old junk they are finding ways to repurpose each piece; an old gate becomes a headboard, pieces of farm equipment become a light fixture, a meat saw becomes a bathroom vanity. No, I didn't make that last one up. It's making me look at things in a new perspective when it comes to decorating my own home.