Copper Harbor

DSC_8408
I headed up to Copper Harbor, Michigan, a beautifully desolate town in the Upper Peninsula last weekend for a wedding. It's been a long time since I've lived in a small town, so when we approached our motel (yes, motel, that's all that exists up there), I was uneasy to discover they just left the doors unlocked and the windows open. I made Don check the tub and I looked under the bed to confirm there was no one waiting to murder me. I felt as if I was transported back in time where pay phones are still used (I found working pay phone booths!) and the only gas station in town still relies on this cool, old gas pump:
DSC_8218
I layered this crocheted vest from Threadsence over a vintage Levi's plaid shirt and cut offs to explore Copper Harbor and surrounding towns. It was a comfortable, easy outfit to wear trekking around. Of course, I didn't wear the wedges the whole day, but switched over to flats for some of the walking we did. 
DSC_8352
DSC_8357
DSC_8378
[croched vest c/o threadsence, vintage levi's shirt from archives vintage, shorts by levi's, wedges c/o wanted]
DSC_8392
DSC_8399
DSC_8333
DSC_8369
DSC_8335
DSC_8426