Milwaukee River

DSC_4779
This weekend I spent a lot of time on or near the Milwaukee River in downtown Milwaukee partaking in my favorite activities: drinking on a boat and eating at restaurants along the river. Friday night's weather was spectacular and I enjoyed a cruise with my boyfriend for one of his company's outings. Yet, Sunday was a different story. My dreams of sitting outside, relaxing and eating food near the river turned into me sweating profusely and refusing food at our first stop due to the level of heat and humidity. And second stop, we chose to just eat indoors where the air conditioning was cranked up. I shake my fist at you, Mother Nature! I'm a little dramatic, I know. Ok, maybe a lot.
My Vertebrae sent me these pieces and I styled them together--I love the muted colors and the fabric. I'd normally style this top with cut off shorts, which may have been more appropriate considering the hot weather, but since when do I dress weather appropriate? The heat made me so crabby, I could hardly pull myself together for these photos. Anyone else have days like that? I just couldn't make myself look normal for a photo. 
DSC_4772
[top and skirt by my vertebrae, shoes from dsw, bag my marc jacobs]
DSC_4814
DSC_4812
DSC_4816
DSC_4825