City Fun

DSC_7722
I broke my hermit streak this week by going out tonight for one of CitySwarm's patio series at the Crossing. My friend Courtney and I both enjoy putting sweats on right after work, overeating and watching television. It's not a glamorous life, but it's the life I live when I can. I reserved Monday and Tuesday this week as days to caught up on life--edit wedding photos and nap and I spiced up Wednesday by meeting a slew of new people and drinking Summer Shandies out on a bar patio, thanks to CitySwarm's invitation. I need to start registering for more events and experience the city of Chicago. I enjoy organized events where I don't have to do the planning and organizing, it's really the best way to get my butt out there to meet people and see new places.
DSC_7727
DSC_7757
[white bustier and maxi dress by f21, thrifted belt, shoes c/o blowfish, bag by badgley mischka, accessories from kie&kate]
DSC_7715
I wore this maxi dress when I first moved to Chicago and you can see it here. This time, I wore the dress as a skirt and added a white bustier and heels, the perfect outfit for a couple drinks and to meet new people on a hot day.
DSC_7697
DSC_7756
My fabulous friend Courtney wearing a dress by H&M and heels by Jessica Simpson.
DSC_7801
The ladies of CitySwarm! Grace, Lindsay (the founder), Emily
P.S. to see more photos, check out my guest post over at Sartoriography
Aaaand, happy birthday, mommy!