Holiday Weekend with Caramel Apples & Beer

DSC_4372
I made the journey to Milwaukee last weekend for Fourth of July and on Saturday, I spent the day exploring a suburb outside of the city taking in a beer on the river, nomming on gourmet caramel apples and being a bit of a tourist, snapping photos of the quaint town.
I didn't take outfit photos, but I wore a light sundress and sandal wedges. I've worn the dress here. It was a perfect hot, humid day. We couldn't walk all that much on Saturday since Don tripped over a single stair whilst playing with my camera and sprained his ankle pretty bad. He hobbled along and I made sure to walk slow, which forced me to slow down and notice things, rather than power walk and ignore everything around me like I normally do on my commute to and from work.
DSC_4374
DSC_4366
Nothing like a festive caramel apple. I think it took me longer to select an apple than it's ever taken me to shop for clothes. As you could tell from above, I settled on a caramel apple covered in mini m&m's. It tasted heavenly.DSC_4367
Even though I've only been a city girl for three months, I wasn't comfortable sitting this close to foliage, where insects crawled about. I didn't see them, but I knew they were there somewhere waiting to attack me. Yet, the bug anxiety was worth sitting outside the Silver Creek Brewing Company to watch the river and chill.
DSC_4363
Who doesn't enjoy a large photo of beer? I suppose I don't because I want to relive that moment and drink it again.
DSC_4358