corduroy

Tieka and I had an unbelievable amount of fun yesterday shopping. We laugh so much about stupid things and we're probably the most disgusting girls ever. We both grew up having more guy than girl friends and I think that's why it's so easy for us to be such good friends. Nothing grosses each other out and no drama!

At first, we had a hard time finding things because we both wanted to look fabulous. We then realized we were thinking much too hard about what to wear. We had a revelation as Tieka calls it--just wear what we like to wear. It took us a couple hours of looking at things I would never normally purchase to realize we should just stick to what we like. I made some purchases that I'm going to hold off wearing until NYC. I still need a couple more things to finish those outfits. So excited!

Tieka helped me style this skirt. It's always nice to have a set of new eyes look at your closet. I've been neglecting my very many scarves and she pulled one out that went well with the skirt. I paired it simply with a black tee and Tieka draped it a little bit differently than what I've done in the past.
Jan302010_0019bw
[corduroy skirt by lark and wolff, tights by anne klein borrowed from tieka, oxford heels by ciao bella, tee by f21]
Jan302010_0010
I have these photos in color on Chictopia.