running errands

THANK YOU Tieka for redesigning my blog! It fits me much better than the template I previously selected. She definitely knows me and created something that fits my personality perfectly.


Today's look is a result of dirty hair and throwing something together to run errands in. I was so proud of myself for wearing my regular scarf as an infinity scarf. I tied the ends together and then wrapped it in two loops. I'm sure so many people already do this, but I was so impressed with myself. hehe.
I used to wear my hair up on top of my head a lot in high school, but I've become increasingly self-conscious of this bump on my forehead that resulted from an accident on a swing when I was in 4th grade. I saw this photo below in Glamour magazine and I thought this model and her hairstyle was so cute. Of course, I don't have gorgeous red straight hair, but I thought I would give the messy bun a try again.

Jan182010_0018

My interpretation:
Jan182010_0000
[jeans by bdg, scarf from urban outfitters, sweater by silence+noise, leather jacket by frenchi, flats from urban outfitters, but so old I don't know brand they are]
I ran into a t.v. reporter I sort of know at Michigan State University's student union. He was working on a story and I've only talked to him in professional capacities--where I'm dressed up for work or photographing an event. He seemed to surprised to see me and said, "Oh.. you blend right in." I got a kick out of that. I tried SO hard not to do my hair like this in college. Here I was blending in with them all!
Jan182010_0011