poofy pants

"What are you wearing? Are those..Are those poofy pants?" was my supervisor's response to my pants once I stood to leave her office. I proceeded to proudly display my pants and move from behind the desk so she could take it all in. I love these pants. My top is a long tanktop/dress and I had all the room in the world to stuff the extra material and wear the top as I did.

I attended an event this afternoon for work. It was a statewide alumni celebration for people who went through the Michigan Works! system and were success stories..ie received training and other services, overcame various barriers and are now a shining example of a once unemployed person who now has a successful career in the state. The alumna from our agency did such a fabulous job speaking. She was interviewed by a local television station and I realized how much I love my job. Media relations is fun and while I don't speak to the media directly, I enjoy coordinating it. I like being on T.V. though. For example, when I coordinate events for college students to tour IT companies and we get media out at the companies, I'll slyly walk into frame and make sure to not look at the camera and pretend I'm engaged in whatever is going on.

Jan262010_0008
[blazer by silence + noise, colorful tanktop by silence + noise, black tank top by f21, poofy pants by bcbg, shoes by deena and ozzy]
Jan262010_0013
You can see the tank top a little better. I was thrilled to find a top that wasn't black or grey AND on sale.
Jan262010_0017

Now for the real cuteness...photos of my gorgeous and fabulous friend, Haley. I adore this girl. She's been dating one of my good friends, Kyle, from high school, for five years now and we've been friends almost since the start of their relationship. I can hang out with the two of them and not feel like a third wheel. She'll graduate with a degree in packaging this spring and Kyle will get his masters in geology by next winter and the two of them will leave me forever. Ah sadness. Anyways, Haley joined me at Grand River Connection's 4th Tuesday event which is basically a monthly networking event for young professionals. It was at this hip club Enso and Haley looked so cute I had to bust out my camera shouting, "I NEED TO PUT YOU ON MY BLOG!!

Jan262010_0005-1
[dress by forever 21, booties by nine west, rings from mad eagle]
Jan262010_0018-1
Jan262010_0006-1
Jan262010_0012-1
Jan262010_0020