things i like

Chunky knits. I can’t get enough. From thick circle scarves to oversized sweaters, I love them all. They’re absolutely perfect for surviving Michigan winters. Victoria’s photo from Lookbook is pretty much a testimony to all the current styles I love and they work together.

421228_DSC_9825_copy

Wedges. Jeffrey Campbell has some rockin' bootie wedges. Especially these cut out, lace ups. I usually go for black shoes, but these look better in grey. Both colors are available though.

Jeffrey-Campbell-shoes-Mary-Roks-(Grey)-010604

Tapered pants. I’m not usually a dress pants type of person, but when I saw these silk tapered trouses from Acne, it was love at first sight. I did some searching to find a couple less expensive versions. I personally opted for the BCBG crossover pant, but only because I was afraid of ordering these from Topshop. I'll be posting some photos tomorrow of my new pants!

725920091139103713670337_L

Leather jackets. Love love love. A leather jacket adds structure to my loose fitting shirts and adds some toughness to more feminine dresses I wear to work. Caroline styled this Balenciaga biker leather with a striped Alexander Wang top. I like how simple and effortless this is. It's probably her way of dressing to run to the grocery store instead of wearing a frumpy old sweatshirt like I tend to do.

125321_940

Capes. They’re practical AND cute. Louise is a stunning example of how to pull off a cape coat. I should have photographed my boss lady, Kate when she wore a cape to work last week. She also wore hers very well and made me pine for one even more.

20100102-DSC07402web-570x854