Your love is stag in the white sand

Remember last week when I met the roller derby girls at the studio for the radio show? Well a combination of their winning personalities and the fact that I watched Whip It and have since romanticized my role on a team with that of Ellen Page's Bliss character, I inquired about how to join. And I attended my first practice on Sunday!

By default, I smile a lot in new and sometimes uncomfortable situations. I wanted to pretend I was as cool as them and not be awkward, but I came across as a peppy cheerleader instead. They accepted this and the fact that I almost bit it the first couple times skating around--but I slowly improved. I learned how to do all the different types of falls, whips, etc. I loved it! I have a high pain tolerance and I've been looking for the perfect way to exercise, meet super cool girls and do something fun and out of the ordinary--and this fits perfectly. When I told my grandma about this she immediately laughed and basically told me I was going to have my ass handed to me. Ye of little faith, grandmother! I already ordered my skates and picked up my pads/helmet after practice and am celebrating my battle wounds! (swollen and bruised knees.) 

I've also been really digging cropped tops so I've been tying my shirts lately to pull off that look.  I don't really like to expose my stomach so these shorts do the trick. I still love this jacket and wear it all the time. It goes with just about anything and the neutral color and shorter sleeves are perfect for spring.
Apr262010_0011
[tank by silence + noise, jacket from zara, high waist shorts by american apparel, boots by miss me, tights by american apparel, belt by ecote]
Apr262010_0005
Apr262010_0008
Apr262010_0018

On Saturday, I went to visit my friend Erin in the metro Detroit area and we visited some of my favorite shops in Royal Oak and the Eastern Market near downtown. Detroit is actually really sweet. I love going to visit over there.
Apr242010_0030
Apr242010_0026
Apr242010_0032
Apr242010_0035

Title: lyric from the song, zebra by beach house. good stuff.