finally friday

Photo by Becky Johns
Hehehe I love this one because it screams ME! I may not look the most attractive with the saliva dripping from my teeth with my ridiculous smile, but the talented and fab Becky Johns caught my personality in this. We exchanged photography services--she needed some shots for her mom and I needed some for the blog. She's this smart and witty 22 year old girl who's tech savvy and has a lot to say, so you you should listen and check out her blog. Thanks again, girl!

Eek, haven't updated all week! I've been so incredibly busy with work and other projects. I spent the last three weeks working on a $3 million federal grant application. This past week, almost every moment had been spent working on it. It consumed my life. We finally submitted it last night, phew! After work, I helped my friend Dan shop for a new wardrobe--I'll be posting photos of him hopefully soon and then I had derby practice which completely wiped me out so much so that I slept in until almost noon today and I was late to work.

I hate being late and I'm definitely more of a morning person and never sleep in so late. I think I need to take it easy next week so I don't pull anything like that again. Sadly, today was our two interns, Naomi and Becky's last day. I love those girls--they're smart, dedicated and armed with humorous and bubbly personalities. We celebrated their last day by taking them out to lunch at Enso, a super cool restaurant where we sat out on the patio and chatted about their internship experience with our organization. After work, I rushed home to change and get ready for a Guess eyeglasses and sunglasses commercial. I was asked to be one of the "models" to be in an internal commercial for Guess and had to sit on a leather couch, dance and talk extemporaneously on how the sunglasses made me feel. I was super excited because my first take was so good! And I was proud of myself! But I didn't mention that I was wearing Guess sunglasses and I couldn't quite recreate the sincerity and confidence that I spoke with in the first take. Hopefully it turns out well. 


I was such a hot mess today. I could only pile my hair on top of my head with the unusually hot and humid day and sport shorts with a studded top that I forgot I had. Anything black with studs catches my attention and this was a purchase I quickly made when I was in Chicago a couple weeks ago for a seminar.

Photo by Becky Johns
[top by H&M, shorts by bdg, boots by steve madden borrowed from becky]
Apr302010_0122
Photo by Becky Johns
Apr302010_0146
Apr302010_0140
Becky with her ray bans that I'm lusting over..
Apr302010_0177
And then I tried them on and we took some sweet photos with my reflection in them.
Apr302010_0161
This fabulous man sauntered up and was not shy about asking to be photographed, so Becky snapped some of just him and then I jumped in for a few!
photo by becky johns