spring things I like

Katy of Modly Chic asked if I was interested in participating in a weekly question/answer on my blog about fashion/beauty and it sounds fun, so here we go!

What is your favorite spring trend?
I'm loving the pastel and nude colors that are hot this spring. I'm needing a pair of nude heels ASAP! Right now, I'm obsessed with these Steve Madden platform clogs. I drool over them every time I see them in stores.

SteveMaddenDayntyTaupe_Front_300

After seeing Taylor of Sterling Style rock such pretty pinks I've made my own attempts so far

Apr042010_0115

What's your favorite part about this time of the year?
Everyone comes out of hibernation in Michigan at the first sign of spring (which is usually a tease because you can almost guarantee more snow fall even after a beautiful, summer-esque day in April). Sometimes I forget how many people live in Lansing until the first nice spring day and I see tons and tons of people walking dogs, riding bikes, shopping, etc and everyone is in such a jolly mood! I love sitting on patios grabbing lunch and drinks in the evening meeting up with friends and people watching in the city.

What clothing item are you excited about pulling out of storage for spring?
Actually this winter I bought some spring/summer items on sale from last season that have been waiting patiently to be worn! One of my favorite purchases is a yellow French Connection tank. I'm ready to venture out of my usual colors of black and grey this spring and summer!