lovely lace

Yesterday I spent the morning as one of the contest judges during the Michigan FFA State Convention, held on campus at MSU. For those of you not familiar with FFA, it used to stand for Future Farmers of America and it remains an organization rooted in agriculture with a focus on leadership development. Anyways, this was my tenth convention! My first year there was as a freshman in high school and ever since, I've been obsessed with it. It's so different now as a 24 year old as opposed to when I was a 14 year old boy-crazy girl. I know longer make up games such as "see who can grab the most FFA State Officer boy butts" during convention. Now, I show up in professional attire and try not to swear in front of the kids.

This is what I wore yesterday. This shirt was on sale at Macy's and I fell in love with the sleeves and lace detail. However, I buttoned this up wrong. I woke up late and had less than ten minutes to get ready and so I didn't notice until 12:30 p.m. that it was messed up. I painted my nails blue to liven up the muted color palette of my outfit.
Mar102010_0046
my new favorite shirt
Mar102010_0031
[top by bb dakota, pants by bcbg, wedges by aldo, bag by marc jacobs]
Mar102010_0028
Mar102010_0070
Mar102010_0005
Mar102010_0058

I can't wait until 11:30 p.m. to see the premiere of Lady Gaga's Telephone music video. I haven't looked forward to a music video premiere since TRL days in junior high! Gasp! Can't wait!