kcad fashion show

What a busy weekend! I was reunited with Tieka and other fun girls to attend the Bodies of Art Fashion Show hosted by Kendall College, an art school in Grand Rapids Tieka attends. It was at the Brass Works--this cool industrial-ish building and the models were entertaining (think guy with crazy hair strutting down the glittery runway tossing up fake monopoly money.)

I felt like being comfortable so I wore jeans and a loose tee. I just realized everything I'm wearing is BDG. Ha!
Mar192010_0090
[hat, striped top and jeans by bdg, wedges by aldo]
Mar192010_0159
Tieka was trying to get a picture of my shoes, but I fell over.
Mar192010_0156
Mar192010_0154
I photographed the girls before we headed inside the Brass Works and I was loving Hailey's free spiritedness when I photographed her. She hopped and twirled about.
Mar192010_0075
I really liked this dress made of shopping bags.
Mar192010_0215
Intermission entertainment was provided by the designers via karaoke. This girl was singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and the guy in front of me busted out his lighter.
Mar192010_0214
Tieka has such a cute nose.
Mar192010_0222

Yesterday, I photographed a wedding which was a blast. Despite the snow, I think I succeeded in getting fun shots outside, which I was worried about. I work with the bride and so a lot of work people were there. I love almost everyone I work with so it was fun to be around a ton of them in a non work environment. The bride and groom's family are both hilarious and entertaining. I felt so unprofessional every time I'd keel over from laughing so hard--either at the groomsmen for saying something completely inappropriate or for the guests--ie old people doing the booty drop on the dance floor. I kept wishing I had a video camera to capture it all.