Ignite

Despite being sick with symptoms similar (but worse) to allergies ie water eyes, sore throat, runny nose, feeling like death..I worked/attended Lansing Ignite 3.0. It was amazing. Imagine hundreds of people socializing in a space that used to be a huge department store filled with a stage for the presentation competition, lights, flame throwers, dancers and other cool stuff. It was a riot! This place in Lansing is called the Knapps Building, a store that closed in the 1970s and although it's been occupied with cubicles since then, the place has been completely vacant since the early 2000s. Since the Ignite web site sums up the event pretty well, click here to learn what exactly the event is.

I wore this dress to Ignite. I had been looking at this dress for awhile and finally it was on sale! I dig stripes and the silhouette of the dress.
Mar062010_0026
Mar062010_0065
[dress by mink pink, tights from target, platform booties by steve madden]
Mar062010_0036
Mar062010_0043
Mar062010_0027
Mar062010_0058
Mar062010_0069

I took these photos today since I felt like poop yesterday and probably wouldn't have had time to take them anyways. I went down by the capitol building to get some different shots and I kept thinking I'd run into someone seeing me wear the same thing since pretty much everyone from the city was at this event yesterday. I'm certain someone drove by who knew me wondering, "why the hell is she wearing what she wore last night to Ignite?" Ha!