Cotton From Blue to Green

I've been lustfully eyeing this denim jacket from Gap since it hit the website:


I want it. Badly. I already have a denim jacket (which I never wear) but I don't care. Its silvery buttons and classic shape pale in comparison to the exposed golden hardware and motorcycle silhouette of this particular Gap beauty. I could wear it with sweet floral dresses and combat boots, or even just with a white tee and jeans. Either way it would be glorious.

The Problem: There goes $69.50 I can't justify.

The Solution: Gap is involved with this awesome program called Cotton from Blue to Green. The gist is that you can bring an old pair of jeans into Gap stores until March 14th. Donated jeans will be converted into UltraTouch Natural Cotton Fiber Insulation, which will be given to communities that need them to assist with building efforts. In exchange for your donation, Gap will give you 30% off new denim purchases.

And $48.50 for a kick-ass jacket, along with knowing I helped communities in need; now that's something I can justify. The only obstacle is figuring out how/when I can actually get to Gap. Ah, the trials and tribulations of a college student.

For more information check out the Cotton From Blue to Green website.