windy city.

wiley wears:

top: old navy
skirt: gap
belt: f21
t-straps: uo
     it's windy out there, my friends.  the perfect day for a long skirt with multiple layers of fabric.  i cannot tell you enough how important below-the-knee skirts and dresses are when you live in a windy city like boston.  i have really been trying to incorporate brighter colors and spring shades into my day to day wear and this skirt immediately stood out when i opened my closet this morning.  this skirt is proof that some pieces are just plain classic.  i bought this skirt when i was a freshman in college and would wear it to my hostessing job.  back then i wore it low on my hips, but now, not only does it fit better, but my style has lent itself to a more retro silhouette. a classic pattern and shape can really make a piece go the distance for you.  exactly the reason i tend to buy my trendy pieces at stores like h&m and f21 and save my bigger bucks for pieces that will last for years.  sometimes you get lucky with a piece like this skirt, that didn't break the bank, and has gotten a ton of wear.