First Day Look

DSC_1941
So far, I am absolutely in love with this city. I'm probably still in the honeymoon stage, but I've already had my fair share of near death driving experiences, creepy dudes hollering at me and have been paying ridiculous taxes on everything.  It hasn't been a difficult transition considering all my good friends live here. I've been exploring new neighborhoods, restaurants and bars everyday. If any readers have suggestions on good places, please let me know! Or if anyone wants to meet up, I'd love to make new friends!
The first day of my new job with Kie & Kate started yesterday. The owner, Kati, started the company designing children's clothing and now sells women's clothing and accessories. I already adore her and her family and I just can't contain my excitement for everything I get to do working for her! I'll be focused primarily on web site and marketing, but I get to assist on so many other fun projects in the works. We spent most of yesterday buying clothing and jewelry for the fall at Stylemax at Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago. Kati put me to "work" picking out clothing and jewelry I think would sell well. I basically spent my first work day shopping. This tradeshow was huge! I've never gone to these before, but there was so much going on and I think I could spend days skimming through clothing and just soaking it all in. I ended my day grabbing dinner with my friends at my roommate's delicious restaurant, Big Stuff. All in all, it was a perfect day.
DSC_1952
DSC_1961
[faux fur vest by kristen blake, dress by yellow is gold, boots by nyla, necklace by banana republic, leather cuff by hayden-harnett, bag by rebecca minkoff]
DSC_1953
DSC_1943
DSC_1944
Photos by Becky Johns