Summertime in a sweater

New shoes!
Jun262010_0059
I wore this last Saturday out to coffee with my friend Kristen who will be soon moving to Copenhagen, lunch with my momzy and before a photoshoot I participated in for a zombie pin up girl calendar. I wanted to wear something casual and liked the idea of wearing these platforms with cutoffs and a cardi. My mom and I ate lunch in the small town of Spring Lake, Mich. where cops watched my mom take photos of me and finally they came up and asked, "I must ask..What are you doing?" After a quick explanation, the police officer said, "We've never seen anything like that before." In big cities and even in Lansing I don't mind if people see me doing outfit shots because...no one cares. Yet in a small town I attract the attention of local law enforcement.
Jun262010_0055
[cardigan from nasty gal, shorts by levi's, platform wooden heels by jeffrey campbell]
Jun262010_0075
Jun262010_0081
Jun262010_0079
My mom and I got ice cream later on because who am I kidding, that's mostly what my diet consists of. I have a sweet double chin in the photo below. Funny story: as we were leaving the grassy park-like area where we were eating ice cream, a friend called out my name and I was so thrown off that I toppled over in my heels. It was a very Lady Gaga-esque moment. For the record, the only time I've tripped and fallen over was in the grass :) I'm good on concrete and other hard surfaces.
Jun262010_0088
One of my mom's mini australian shepherds gave birth to the cutest litter of pups. Right now, they still look like guinea pigs but nonetheless cute. Jun262010_0104

Hope everyone has a fabulous holiday weekend!