summer with tie dye

What a great week so far. I had such a fun social day yesterday catching up with friends on a patio for lunch, catching up with more friends with the Lansing Happy Hour Club at another patio after work. I take full advantage of the wonderfully sunny days we have in Michigan!


While Monday was sort of a play day for me, today was definitely an "all work no play" day. I started this morning early with the second photo shoot for a local women's mag I'll be in next month and then at work we hosted an event for the release of an economic report, "Creative Thinkers: the Future of Greater Lansing's Creative Economy". We held the event at the Wharton Center for Performing Arts at MSU in the new lounge area--so pretty! We normally host our events at hotel conference spaces that are dark, windowless spaces. This was so much better with huge windows, beautiful wooden floors and interesting architecture. 
 Jun062010_0032
[tank by american apparel, shorts by zara, wedges by aldo, sunglasses from urban outfitters]
Jun062010_0035
This is such a comfy outfit. Nothing new, nothing special, but this sort of outfit is going to be a staple for this hot summer I predict we'll have. 
Jun062010_0013

Jun062010_0021
Jun062010_0018
I had to hold my strapless bra up while I ran down the hill. "This is an awkward photo," responded Becky after she snapped this and looked back at the images.
Jun062010_0023
Photos by Becky Johns
If you get a chance, visit BeautifulStranger.tv's blog! I was featured here! I entered their contest for a trip to NYC for fashion week. I need to win this hehe!