geek chic dan

May282010_0079bw
Dan Hogan, a self-proclaimed lovable geek, writer, radio show co host and friend of mine inquired about shopping when I was on his radio talk show a month or so ago. I of course can't say no to a shopping trip, even if it's not for myself, so we went to a few of his favorites, Kohls and Urban Outfitters. I enjoy the challenge of working with different personalities, budgets and styles of my friends. What's fun about taking guys shopping is that you can hand them anything and they'll at least try it on. I find that a little more difficult with my girlfriends!
May282010_0056-1
[striped tee by bdg, button up from kohls, jeans by levis]
When I asked him how he would describe his style, he said, "I would describe my 'style,' if I have such a thing, as geek-chic and affordable. I like shopping around for deals.  I do enjoy dressing up in suits, but my preference will always be a tshirt, jeans and a pair of Chucks."
May282010_0051-1
May282010_0052-1
Even though I helped him pick most of these items out, he styled this outfit himself. I liked how he mixed patterns with his shirt, added the hat and a pop of color with the shoes. He was so much fun to photograph! I think I'm going to feature more of my guy friends in the future. Good work Dan!
May282010_0116