Fashion Beauty Friend Friday Questions!

 2011Jan19_0655
(sneak peek photo from my vacation! More to come on Monday!)
[top by wildfox, shades by rayban, sandals by f21, shorts by levi's, bag marc by marc jacobs]
I don't normally do two posts in one day, but I couldn't resist answering these questions below in this week's questions! I get so fired up about photography related questions!

1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...)
I use a Nikon D700, Nikon D90 as back up, old ass Macbook, a tripod on occasion and a variety of lenses.

2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)
I use Photoshop Cs4 and Bridge for storage and editing. I upload my photos to Flickr as well. I would like to start using Aperture and not use Bridge anymore to cut back on my workflow time. It takes me too long right now and isn't very efficient. Your thoughts on Aperture if you use it?

3. What is your process for taking pictures?
I always like a simple photograph with some nice compositional elements like lines and perspective that draw your eye into the focus of the photo. I don't really think of themes to go with my outfits. I just like a sidewalk with cool buildings behind for the most part. I also make sure to do detail shots, full body shots and wide angle shots. I like to try to include a variety, permitting I don't look stupid in them. I typically feel uncomfortable after awhile and can't continue to pose and do cute stuff like my friends Tieka of Selective Potential and Kim of eat.sleep.wear are so naturally good at (that's why I love to photograph you two!) I'm quick and efficient with the photo sessions and don't find it necessary to spend too much time once I get what I need. I also don't edit a whole lot. I fix the light and color if it's off and that's typically it. Since I took classes in photojournalism, I take the same approach with my outfit shots and others I photograph. I want them to be honest reflections of what I saw in the viewfinder of my camera.

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily?
It really depends on how much time I have. I'd like to do different locations--mostly urban settings, but sometimes I don't have time to make trips to places or the photographer who's helping me doesn't have time. I'm lucky right now because my apartment is awesome with natural window light so that if I have to, I can take my own photos indoors if the weather is bad or I can wander around inside and outside my building for cool locations. But I definitely prefer to hit up downtown areas and do them on sidewalks or in front of cool buildings.

5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would
you be buying? 
Ooo!! this one is easy. I want the 85 mm lens. It's the most perfect lens.


Visit Modly Chic for links to other bloggers who have answered these questions!