an ode to katie blakley

Last week at work I saw a colleague, Katie, wearing this adorable cream colored headband and she has this gorgeous wavy dark brown hair and knew immediately I needed one for myself. Turns out, it's actually a friend  of herswho designs these so I quickly placed my order with her friend and had been waiting ever so patiently to receive it in the mail! It is here!

I paired the headband with my usual black attire--my favorite black pants, lace up boots and tanktop for an edge with the cutesy pastel pink cardigan, gold accessories and bright red nail polish. Katie has a very preppy, conservative style that I love and I thought of her when I made this pink cardigan purchase. Katie has just relocated to Chicago with her fiance, so we will miss her at the office! But I'm photographing her wedding so I'll be able to still see her throughout the year! Click here to see the engagement photos I took of her and Chris.

May192010_0003
[top by f21, tank by silence+noise, pants by bdg, boots by deena & ozzy, gold necklace by banana republic, rest of accessories by f21, tan headband by tea]
May192010_0006
May192010_0011new
May192010_0002

May192010_0013

P.S. Stay tuned for an amazing giveaway from Tea, the same place where I ordered my fabulous headband!