don't mesh with me

I took a half day at work yesterday so I could drive to Pontiac (near Detroit) to visit my friend Jimmie and photograph his band, Every Avenue. They were on tour with Never Shout Never, Hey Monday, the Cab, and the Summer Set. I didn't know any of these bands, but I met a lot of them and they were so sweet and nice--no wonder the little ladies at the show love them. As classy as Jimmie and his bandmates are, we made a quick trip to a sketch liquor store and then I wandered around the Crofoot and explored. The venue is pretty sweet and I think my photos turned out pretty nicely when other people's flashes weren't destroying my photos (grr!)

I wore this mesh tank tank with a jacket to the show. I always get overheated at shows and when I photograph anything, I sweat profusely. I took the necessary precautions and remembered to wear deoderant (an all too common thing I forget to use.) The tank was airy and I bought this striped bandeau top to go underneath. I think I'll wear this again to some festivals this summer with shorts!

May062010_0003
[tank by f21, bandeau by american apparel, pants by bdg, wedges by jeffrey campbell]
May062010_0016
May062010_0019

Some photos from the show:

meet and greet
May062010_0008
I cut off his feet in this, oops sorry dude!
May062010_0100
[jeans courtesy of hurley and button up from urban outfitters]

May062010_0138
May062010_0183
May062010_0285
May062010_0303
I wanted to get more candid shots before the show but the basement room they were in was ugly as shit and of course contained no windows and had absolutely horrible lighting. Needless to say I wasn't feeling so inspired. More photos here