Finding the Balance: FBFF Questions

 newgroupp
Group from New Year's Eve and also my most recent attempt at making time for a social life. :)

1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall? 
Blogging is a higher priority to me, placing second to my job. Blogging began as a hobby, but it's become a little more now and it involves more time and commitment, which I'm willing to give it. I'm committed to my future and career, almost to a fault. To my benefit, my blog has helped open so many doors for me and it's why I was offered the new marketing position I accepted to launch an online boutique.

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? 
Since it's become difficult for me to find photographers to help me, especially through winter when I don't have as much light to work with, I'll photograph a couple outfits at once--ones I've worn or plan to wear and will post them as I wear them. It really helps and takes away the stress I used to have during the week to run home and take photos and find someone to help last minute. I've also come into a routine which helps me out as well--I usually post Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Having this schedule helps me stay on schedule. In terms of keeping up with other blogs, I love Bloglovin'. I can keep up withe everyone and comment and easily share on other social media sites.

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient? 
Planning ahead has definitely helped me and I think it's helpful to actually schedule a block of time at least once a week dedicated to anything blog related. I find myself working on things every night--whether it's styling outfits, editing photos, taking photos or writing copy, there is some element I'm working on almost every day and for me, spacing it out every day and making time after work helps me tackle it all.

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? 
Yes, but I'm the girl who writes out daily to-do lists for work and personal life and has a time line for every project. It just helps me stay on track. I need to see things on a calendar in order to visualize it and hold myself accountable to finishing posts.

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now? 
I would be spending more time photographing people whose style inspire me and incorporating video. I just don't have the time to schedule a lot of portrait sessions or  to learn how to edit video and post it. I'd love to take some classes on video editing and design to be able to do this stuff on my own!

Visit Modly Chic for more posts dedicated to answering these questions.