grey days

Oct242010_0073
I hardly wear my hair up like this anymore. This however was a typical hairstyle for me in high school and now I usually only wear it up like this if I'm cleaning my apartment or running to the grocery store. I meant to make the bun smaller here, but it's just difficult to control my big hair! Argh! I love how Kim of Eat.Sleep.Wear conquered the chic bun look and how Keiko Lynn wears her hair up as well. 

I refer to this wonderfully shoulder padded jacket as my Lady Gaga jacket. I love adding this to just a t-shirt and jeans or dress it up with a leopard print skirt. I wore it a couple times this week to work this way with the skirt worn much lower and with jeans on Saturday before I got ready for my friend Ali's wedding.

Now let's plan an I spy game-see if you can spot the lump on my forehead in the photo below. I fell off a swing in the fourth grade and that lump is proof that I'm bad ass and can survive the bloody ordeal that was me falling off a swing (and somehow managing to land face down on the wood that bordered the playground sand.)
Oct242010_0098
Oct242010_0092
[tank from nordstrom, jacket by bcbg, skirt by silence + noise, shoes by exhilaration, tights by merona]