Blogger of the Moment: eat.sleep.wear

I've mentioned Kim of eat.sleep.wear plenty of times in posts. We met in New York City last February for fashion week and we instantly bonded. I love her! No one really compares to her. She is so incredibly positive, a great friend and beyond gorgeous. She's the package deal. I love reading her posts because there's always so much enthusiasm and sass in her writing, plus her boyfriend, Brian takes amazing photos of her. She has such a great style that I can relate to (and I'm sure you will adore her and her style too!) I'm glad to announce eat.sleep.wear as my next Blogger of the Moment. Please read her interview below!
2_dsc_0153

Name
Kimberly Pesch
Location
The City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia PA
Age
Im blushing. 26. But October is my bday month so I will be 27 on October 24th!! 
How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since November 2009! So a little under a year J So funny because I feel like I have been doing this forever!

What prompted you to start a fashion blog?
I love the idea of being involved in a community of girls and guys that are sharing their daily outfits and explorations. It’s the real people on the streets that really bring clothes to life and I love to be able to share that with anyone that’s willing
to listen.
1_dsc_0050

How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as Modern Classic mixed with a little bit of Rock and Roll. I tend to dress based on my mood and one day it could be girly, and the next edgy. One day SASSY and another day casual.
I love bloggers who also have a career like you, my sweet dear kim! Can you explain in more detail what you do for a living? How does this play into your style?
Ahhh. The day job! I am a full time graphic designer at a Agency in center city Philadelphia. Right now I am doing a lot of designing for web, but also LOVE to design print pieces. My favorite thing to do is brand identities. To be able to brand a business, place, person is something really unique! It really gets your brain moving starting with concepting, sketching and then eventually creating logos, brochure, websites, signage etc. I am an artist and always have been. That being said, a lot of the design I love is traditional swiss based design (look it up kids, because its freaking awesome and beautiful) It’s always very simple and clean and I would definitely relate that to how I dress. I definitely have a modern feel to the way I dress myself and sometimes, the simpler the better. Focus on one piece that I want to be the star and keep everything else simple.
6_dsc_0195

What would be your dream job?
AHHHH your making me pick! I would have a few things on my list. When I was picking majors for college, it was between fine art and acting. I definitely miss the thrill of performance and being on stage. It is such a RUSH! So acting is definitely omething that will always be on my list. Also, I have always wanted to be a makeup artist. Who doesn’t love playing with colors and paint faces?? I would also love to have my own design business and be able to work with clients who inspire me. Being able to marry my love of fashion and design would be a huge win for me.

What designers/fellow bloggers/etc inspire you?
This is an easy one. YOU!!!! I really think that our styles have a lot of similarities. And our love of looks rooted in simplicity and form are something that bond us together. Other bloggers that inspire me on a daily basis would be Sterling Style, MyStylePill, High Street Cardigans, What I Wore, and Keiko Lynn to name a few. I love that I am able to interact with other bloggers, and bounce ideas around in cyberspace and even in real life!
Some designers that I of course lust over include Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, DKNY the list goes on and on and on. HAHAHA.
1_dsc_0136

What are some of your hobbies besides blogging?
NOM NOM FOOD. My boyfriend and I are very into cooking and enjoying food. Taking that time to sit together, chat, eat, and enjoy is something we hold in high regard. I think that people forget to slow down sometimes. NOT ME.Can I call the beach a hobby? Well, lets say it this way, I do love getting out of the city and enjoying the natural world. Whether that be down the shore taking an evening beach stroll, or taking a hike in a nature preserve. I love time spend outside. Another hobby I have is Scrabble. I know, im 26. It’s ok people. Scrabble makes you smart right?? Well, I might be the world’s worst speller but I love playing scrabble. Or any other board game for that matter. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE photography. Blogging allows me to have a great excuse to be playing with my cameras constantly. Such a great way to capture beautiful things in this world.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
5 years huh? HMMM!!!! I see myself married to my lovah Brian who is an amazing inspiration to me (and a GREAT artist), exploring different cities, and hopefully evolving in the blogging world. I’m just excited to see what the future holds for me! Watch out world, this 20 something girl is ready to GO! Xo, Kim
1_dsc_0271