Blogger of the Moment: Sterling Style

Every couple months I will begin to feature fabulous bloggers who inspire me. I chose Taylor of Sterling Style as the inaugural Blogger of the Moment for Blonde Bedhead because besides her obvious beauty, style and knowledge of fashion, she's also ambitious, down to earth and super relatable. I love her and I know you will too if you don't already!
2wmjl0m
Name: Taylor Sterling. Just so people know "Sterling" is actually my middle name. It is like my stage name for blogging.
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Age: 28
How long have you been blogging? 
Almost two years.
2cidvzt
What prompted you to start a fashion blog?
I have always loved fashion. I even interned with Whitney Port at WWD in Los Angeles years ago. I wanted to share my inspirations in one place and I came across a few blogs and knew I had to get involved.
How would you describe your style?
My style is always evolving. I can't ever say I have a specific style. However, I am noticing that I am totally a laid back Cali girl with a hint of glamour.
I love bloggers who also have a career like you! Can you explain in more detail what you do for a living? how does this play into your style?
A few years back I was doing management and recruiting for Abercrombie & Fitch and grew tired of the retail world. Now, I am the Director of Recruiting for a financial services firm where I am in charge of all aspects of recruiting. I hire financial advisors.
This is a challenge when it comes to style. I use to dress very cute and professional. I can't wear jeans or be too relaxed at work, but with my crazy schedule it gets tiresome always dressing up for work. Lately, I throw on black pants, a striped long sleeve top and a blazer and fancy flats and I am out the door.
2vbtwdc
What would be your dream job?
My dream job is to work for myself and most likely something in fashion. My work environment now is very entrepreneurial and I have become a lot more ambitious. I also know that I do like corporate environments. I also am not the kind of girl who will quit her day job until I feel secure. So, right now I feel like I am working three jobs.
What designers/fellow bloggers inspire you?
Wow, so many people inspire me. I always talk about the designers Stella McCartney and Chloe. I feel my message and aesthetic is similar. They both promote women who are healthy, happy, professional and ambitious. They design clothes for a "real" woman! I also admire fashion blogger Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere because she is so friendly and sweet. I also love Beth Jones from B Jones Style for her great vintage finds and fun demeanor.
rs4n40
What are some of your hobbies besides blogging?
I love to be fit and healthy. I have completed a half marathon, a triathlon and I love yoga, running and Crossfit. I believe a healthy and happy girl is a beautiful girl.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
Wow, in five years I will be 33! I hope that I am successful in my career and married to the man I love and finding new way to be stylish after my twenties.
5bnubq