Le New Bag

I have a confession to make. On a day-to-day basis, the bag I most often carry is... deep breath... a knockoff. I didn't realize this when I bought it, but my crappy black $20 bag with its fetching gold hardware is a dead ringer for the Balenciaga Motorcycle Bag. Well, design-wise, I mean. It is clearly lacking in the real-looking leather and workmanship departments. Anyway, I've been meaning to replace it for ages, and the fact that the PVC exterior started peeling away from the lining was just the impetus I needed to find a replacement. 

I'm very particular about my bags, though, and the faux Balenciaga had really been working out for me. The replacement, I decided, had to be the same colors and roughly the same size. In the end, I lucked out when a return trip (as in, I was making returns) to Zara yielded just the purse I was looking for. Look how pretty:


It may be faux leather too, but it looks quite real. Not to mention the quality is eons better, and the fact that it has a sweet vintage design and adjustable strap. I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself; can you tell?

Also, this is my first fashion-y purchase in ages, and I do believe I've missed that having-new-things-to-wear/carry feeling.

Anyone else buy something great recently?