trees & trails

Sep042010_0102
This little black cotton dress is one of the most versatile items I own. I love how I can dress it up or down. I had intentions of wearing this outfit to my friend's bachelorette party on Saturday back in my hometown, but it just got too cold at night to keep on and we were heading out to a beer tent near Lake Michigan which called for warmer attire. Knowing Michigan, it will feel like a super hot summer again and I can bust this out for a night out with friends sometime this week.
My mom took these photos across the street from the house. This path leads to our county's fairgrounds where I spent my childhood years running back and forth during our county fair and riding my horses up and down them. I used to build forts off this trail and spent countless hours accumulating dirt and filth. Now, I no longer want anything to do with the wilderness. I must have spent too much time outside as a child because all I want now is to be surrounded by cement and tall buildings. When I head back home I'm reminded of how different my life is now that I'm an adult and it's a bittersweet feeling.
Sep042010_0077
Sep042010_0079
Sep042010_0088
My mom let Zoe accompany us on our photo journey. She typically invades my personal space and I about tripped over her here. Thanks mom for capturing this, hehe.
Sep042010_0118
Sep042010_0086
[leather jacket by for joseph, dress by american apparel, metallic thigh highs courtesy of we love colors, heels by jessica simpson]
Sep042010_0074