Saturday's Festivities in NYC

Saturday was another fun and fashion filled adventure. After finally flagging down a cab, Elizabeth, Tieka and I headed to Frankies to meet up with a few more fab bloggers. This is where I experienced the best breakfast sandwich in the world. I consider myself somewhat of a breakfast sandwich connoisseur and this one topped them all. It was worth the ten dollars I spent on it.
Feb132010_0711
Feb132010_0714
Christina of Second Skin and Jen of JenLovesKev
To pass some time before the Chictopia10 summit began, we wandered to a candy store (thanks to Nikki of Wild as a Mink for the great idea!) Despite feeling claustrophobic and overwhelmed with people, I purchased some candy for me to snack on at the conference. I always need a snack. On the way to the summit, Mel of idée géniale hailed the cab. I got to see a real New Yorker in action! She was aggressive, stepped into the street and got us one! Mel works for Kensie and I kept asking her a thousand questions about it. Thanks Mel for your patience with me!
Feb132010_0761
Julie of Orchid Grey
Feb132010_0771
Tieka in the candy store! Nom nom nom!

I photographed the Christina, Mel, Tieka and Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky. These girls are gorgeous. Check out their blogs to see their photos! And had Tieka snap a few quick ones of me. It's interesting because I wouldn't feel comfortable standing in downtown Lansing having someone snap photos of me and it seemed like a natural thing to do in NYC and as the people passed, they didn't stop and gawk--they just continued on their way. I even pointed the lens at a man with some hot Clive Owen features and he just smiled nonchalantly and continued on his way! If I photographed a random dude in Lansing he would demand to know who I worked for and where the photo would be published.
Feb132010_0853
Hi there...
Feb132010_0855
Feb132010_0926
[tank top dress by t by alexander wang, cardigan by barneys co op, tights by american apparel, scarf by moda, boots by steve madden, necklace from urban outfitters]


I was going for a loose, layered look. I wanted to be super comfortable and warm for sitting all day.
Feb132010_1107
Outside of the tents at Bryant Park
Feb132010_1089
Elizabeth had an extra ticket to see the Academy of Art show during New York Fashion Week at Bryant Park and she invited me along. This was surreal. I was actually inside, photographing the models from my seat. I was so inspired by a couple of the collections with their neutral colors and minimalist style.
Feb132010_0977
Feb132010_1022
Feb132010_1075
Feb132010_0960
I'm on the runway!
After a couple wrong turns on the subway, Elizabeth and I ended up back at the conference. It was interesting to see so many bloggers such as Sea of Shoes and Late Afternoon in the same room! Love their style. I wasn't so impressed with the conference itself. There were technical difficulties and it seemed very disorganized. IT was the wrong venue to host a conference at and I hope they realized that. I would be more than happy to volunteer my time next year to make it run smoothly. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to event planning--they could use my skills. We did get to view collections of a few up-and-coming designers. Seeing male models was definitely a redeeming quality of the conference.
Feb132010_1113
I'm certain he caught me drooling over him after the conference.